Transforming, Innovating & Partnering for a stronger emergency care community.
We provide emergency care within Capital Health. In the past year, there were 180,000 patient visits to our emergency departments at:
- Cobequid Community Health Centre
- Dartmouth General Hospital
- Eastern Shore Memorial Hospital
- Halifax Infirmary
- Hants Community Hospital
- IWK Health Sciences Centre (for patients up to 16 years of age)
- Musquodoboit Valley Memorial Hospital
- QEII Health Sciences Centre
- Twin Oaks Memorial Hospital
We also collaborate with other Maritime emergency centres as part of our academic programs
- Dalhousie Research Cape Breton Regional, Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Saint John Regional, Saint John, New Brunswick
- Valley Regional Hospital, Kentville, Nova Scotia
Calling All Colleagues and Community Members . . .
Are you one of our 630 employees or volunteers who work with us?
Do you have an ongoing interest in the department of emergency medicine?
Then there’s something for you.
"I enjoy working in the emergency department because it allows me to work with a highly specialized, multi-disciplinary team."
Dr. Peter Zed, Pharmacotherapeutic Specialist