Employee and Families Assistance Program (EFAP)
Occupational Health coordinates the Employee and Families Assistance Program (EFAP). This confidential service is provided by Shepell•fgi, an external agency and is a free service for all permanent and long assignment employees and their family members. The purpose of the EFAP is to provide quick, short-term support to employee/family members. The EFAP counselor will refer circumstances requiring moderate or long-term support to the appropriate health care professionals.
Employees and their family members residing in Canada can now simply follow the Online Access step-by-step process found on workhealthlife.com to initiate and complete their own EFAP support service request. Your EFAP offers employees and their family unlimited access to workhealthlife.com.
Secure and confidential access to First Chat (instant online chat with a counsellor), E-Counselling and Online Access. Our new, easily accessible format allows employees to read and share these helpful resources with coworkers, family and friends.
Today separation and divorce may seem almost commonplace, but they remain two of the most difficult and painful experiences one can be faced with. Shepell·fgi, your EFAP provider, proudly present the new Online Separation and Divorce Program.
Shepell•fgi has collaborated with clinical, legal and financial experts in the area of separation and divorce to develop an online solution that incorporates best practices to help individuals and families better manage and respond to the various challenges inherent in pursuing a separation or divorce. Users can work at their own pace with ensured privacy with convenient anytime, anywhere access via the Internet.
The Online Separation and Divorce Program will educate and empower users with:
- Expert articles and videos that explore the emotional, parenting, legal and financial impacts of separation and divorce with ability to bookmark favourites. The Resource Guide offers a comprehensive selection of additional print and online resources
- Interactive exercises starting with goal setting followed by problem identification and solution building and leading to action planning, all designed to help the user move forward successfully
- Activities and helpful features including ability to bookmark favourite materials, order books online in paperback or e-book format, online feedback form.
The Online Separation and Divorce Program is available in Canada by calling the Shepell•fgi Care Access Centre. After an assessment and Program order confirmation, users will be sent the Program website address and login instructions via email.
Manager EAP Resources
Our EFAP Provider, Shepell•fgi, has introduced Manager Orientation Videos in English and French. The videos provide an engaging digital version of a Manager Orientation to the EFAP including signs of a troubled employee, a simple step-by-step on how to effectively address sensitive situations and the specialized support available to the organization’s Managers via their Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
The Manager Orientation Videos can be viewed at anytime. Managers can use them as a permanent resource and tool to help themselves and their employees improve workplace productivity.
- The Manager Orientation Videos can be used in times of need and/or in such circumstances including: new hire, shift work environments, training, health and wellness initiatives, etc.
- There is no customization available at this time.
- The Employee Orientation Videos can be viewed at workhealthlife.com in the My Services area of the Shepell•fgi website upon login.