Capital Health is committed to providing spaces in all our facilities for our patients, clients, visitors and staff to use for prayer and meditation, or as simply a quiet place to think and reflect. These spaces are open 24 hours a day and accessible to all who seek a place of peace and tranquility in our busy clinical settings.
Each space has an area set aside for worship, prayer and meditation. There are chairs for sitting quietly, alone or with your loved ones and there is a journal should you wish to express your thoughts and prayers in writing.
Places of prayer and meditation
- Dartmouth General Hospital - Main Floor
- Nova Scotia Hospital - Mount Hope Building, Basement
- East Coast Forensic Hospital
- Victoria General Hospital - Victoria Building, 2 Floor, Room 2007
- Halifax Infirmary – Room 1122, 1st Floor Halifax Infirmary
- Veterans Memorial Building - Main Floor, Room 1510
Veterans Memorial Building - Chapel, Main Floor
- Sundays - 9:45 a.m. - Christian Interdenominational Worship (Veterans' Memorial Building Room 1510)
- Sundays - 10:45 a.m. - Roman Catholic Mass (Veterans' Memorial Building Room 1510)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 12:00 Noon - Weekday Mass (Halifax Infirmary Chapel/Place of Prayer and Meditation Room 1211)
During religious services you are welcome to enter for personal prayer or meditation. Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns please call Pam at the Spiritual Care office 902-473-4055.