The following websites and resources are for information purposes only. If you are feeling ill or have concerns about your health please see your doctor or call 811 to speak to a health care professsional. If you are experiencing an emergency please call 911 or visit an emergency room.
Tips on choices you can make to stay healthy. You'll also find information about many diseases and conditions, including their symptoms and treatments.
Explains disorders, who is likely to get them, their symptoms, how they're diagnosed, how they might be prevented, and how they can be treated.
Valuable and timely health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those seeking information.
Reliable, up-to-date information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in plain and simple language.
BodyMaps is an interactive visual search tool that allows users to explore the human body in 3-D. With easy-to-use navigation, users can search multiple layers of the human anatomy, view systems and organs down to their smallest parts and understand in detail how the human body works.
Helpful information on a variety of diseases, conditions and wellness issues as well as programs and services available through Capital Health.
Groups and organizations
It can be challenging to maintain a positive attitude while managing an illness or condition. No one should go through it alone. While family and friends are important for support and encouragement, many groups and associations offer pertinent information which can also prove helpful.
- AIDS Coalition of Nova Scotia
- Al-Anon Maritimes
- ALS Society of Canada
- Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia
- Arthritis Society of Nova Scotia
- Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, Atlantic Chapter
- Canadian Cancer Society, Nova Scotia Division
- Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Canadian Hemophilia Society
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (Cancer Care Nova Scotia)
- CNIB Nova Scotia
- Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada
- Craig's Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada, Atlantic Canada region
- Doctors Nova Scotia
- Eczema Canada
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Nova Scotia
- Huntington Society of Canada
- Kidney Foundation of Canada
- Lung Association of Nova Scotia
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Atlantic Division
- Nova Scotia Health Network
- Osteoporosis Canada
- Parkinson Society Canada
- Schizophrenia Society of Canada
- Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Nova Scotia
- Thyroid Foundation of Canada