Language & Interpretation
Capital Health provides patients, clients and their families who have a language barrier free access to:
- Telephone interpretation - Language Line
- Face-to-face interpretation - Nova Scotia Interpreting Services
- Mi’kmaq Interpreter’s Liaison Program - The Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq
- Sign language - Society of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Nova Scotia
- The Canada Food Guide in 12 Languages
- Language Identification Card
If you are booking an appointment, please ask for interpretation services in advance to make sure you get the best service possible.
If you are already an inpatient, any member of your health care team will be happy to assist you in getting the interpreter services you need.
For more information please contact;