Capital Health emergency departments are dedicated to providing excellent emergency care for people with urgent medical conditions.
Our emergency and trauma teams consist of emergency medicine specialists and nurses specially trained in critical and urgent care.
We also have access to specialists in gynecology, neurology, obstetrics, orthopedics, pediatrics and surgery.
Who to call
- Dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency department if you are experiencing an emergency.
- Dial 811 to talk to a Healthlink nurse about non-emergency health information and services.
- Visit a walk-in clinic in your area for non-emergency health care.
- Cobequid Community Health Centre
- Dartmouth General Hospital
- Eastern Shore Memorial Hospital
- Halifax Infirmary
- Hants Community Hospital
- IWK Health Sciences Centre (for patients up to 16 years of age)
- Musquodoboit Valley Memorial Hospital
- QEII Health Sciences Centre
- Twin Oaks Memorial Hospital
You can contact an emergency room by calling the main switchboard of that facility.