Information for Family Practice Doctors
Capital Health is working in new and innovative ways with our community partners to help people maintain and enhance their health. Family Physicians play a vital role in the day-to-day primary care needs of more than 400,000 citizens in the Capital Health District.
Each of the Family Physicians in the Capital Health District provide care for up to 1,000 patients, offer first hand knowledge of Primary Health Care and bring a unique perspective to the leadership of Capital Health.
Each family physician practicing within the Capital Health District is a member of the District Department of Family Practice. Numerous opportunities exist if you wish to be involved in working together to improve patient care.
Did You Know?
- There are over 420 credentialed and non-credentialed Family Physicians in Capital Health
- Family practice sites occupy 200,000 square feet of space
- Family Physicians provide 5,000 house calls each year
- Family Physicians attend over 2,300 births at the IWK each year
- 7,000 patients are seen collectively each day by Family Physicians
- Family Physicians manage 400 hospital beds and over 2,000 nursing home beds
Blood Transfusion Consent
In spring of 2014, blood transfusion consent forms for patients went through significant changes. Please review the changes. Their are a number of educational pamphlets available for patients and staff.